Twenty years ago, Next Generation Scholars started on a dining room table. What began as an innovative idea has become an academically-forward, leadership-driven, family wellness organization. Now, we empower young people and families throughout the county and in universities worldwide. We are celebrating 20 years of serving Scholars. From first graders over the summer to middle school support year-round, we see them through their college graduations and into their careers. We foster them as young people who eventually become their family’s highest wage-earners and their communities’ next leaders.
Today, we are coaching, teaching, and guiding 250 students from 6th grade through college and approaching our 200th college graduate. We look forward to growing our capacity to equip, to empower, and to embolden the next generation of young people and families in Marin County.
Join us in this movement to foster the next generation of ethical public officials, equitable scientists, emboldened teachers, excellent lawyers, and empowered professionals.
Thank you for believing in us, for investing in our young people, and for contributing to the power of a transformational educational experience.
Thank You for Supporting Our Scholars!
Thank you for ensuring the resources needed to equip and empower students and their families, beginning in 6th grade through college and into their careers. Your investment helps our Scholars realize their unique identities, achieve their goals, and take command of their futures.
First-time donor? WELCOME! We are thrilled and grateful to welcome you to the NGS family and look forward to sharing our students' successes with you.
Returning donor? Welcome back and thank you for your loyalty!
For Special Occasions - Consider honoring a loved one's special occasion by making a monthly pledge or one-time donation in their name. Celebrate them, by making them a part of the reason that NGS Scholars continue to graduate 95% of first-generation college students within 5 years. Your memorable gift will be meaningful to your recipient and in the lives of our scholars.
Ways to Donate & Instructions
- Select an Amount, or Enter Your Own
- Select a one-time, or a recurring contribution*
- Complete the checkout and embrace the good feeling your generosity brings.
*Benefits of a recurring donation include:
- A consistent life-changing difference in the lives of resilient, deserving young people;
- Environmental sustainability - your monthly pledge is automatically withdrawn through a secure platform, without stamps, envelopes, or paper checks;
- An easily budgeted gift, with a year-end tax summary acknowledgment and
- A note of gratitude for choosing to empower a student, 24/7 for 365 days.
Please make checks payable to Next Generation Scholars, and mail to 1018 E Street, San Rafael, CA, 94901
Stock Transfer Donations:
- Please notify our Director of Philanthropy, Rose Jennings Newhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-250-8157), of your upcoming stock transfer. Because your name won’t accompany the electronic transfer of shares, kindly include your name; your contact information; the name of the stock, and the number of shares transferred, in your email. This will ensure we are able to acknowledge your gift correctly and issue you a proper tax credit.
- Ameritrade Account has transferred over to Charles Schwab... account detail pending and to be updated ASAP.
- For tax purposes, the date of the gift is the date the shares hit the NGS account. Gift Value is the average share price on that date.
Please spread the word to anyone in your circles who might want to invest in this life-changing work!
NGS is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, tax ID # 26-1110584. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR DONORS
Next Generation Scholars will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, or send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Next Generation Scholars, both online and offline, on any platform (including the Next Generation Scholars website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent that donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
2023 Charitable Tax Laws
P.S. - A friendly reminder. 2023 Charitable Tax Laws will allow: 1) Individuals to deduct up to $300 in cash donations, regardless of whether or not you itemize; 2) Suspension of the 50% limitation of AGI for those that do itemize, and 3) A change in limitation from 10% to 25% of taxable income for corporations.